90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve Balcombe Forum Pro • Posts: 13,391
Re: 90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

thunder storm wrote:

Steve Balcombe wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

So specs don’t seem to show dual cards or dual DIGIC, so the 90D isnt any sort of 7D2/80D compromise. It’s just an updated 80D.

indeed, no one said 90D is a replacement for 7Dmk2!

Actually it has been rumoured for months that the two lines would become one (as they used to be up to the 50D) and that the new model would therefore replace both. This could have made a lot of sense in a shrinking market, and only now do we know for sure that this is not happening.

What is the difference between two lines merging into one versus one of the two lines (eventually) not being continued?

Well, the features obviously. The 90D has a feature set which puts it firmly in the XXD range. It also falls short of the five year old 7D2 in some important respects, so it could never be considered a replacement for that.

As long as there is no 7Dmk3 there remains a possibility it will never come,

Of course.

and the rest is just semantics.

No, this is not a semantic argument at all. This is not about what the new body is called, it's about its features.

I do think there will be a 7Dmk3 though. But i don't think this 90D has so much predictive value about this.

Only that it leaves open the possibility. No more than that though.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow