A7 system for street photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ZioPepino New Member • Posts: 17
A7 system for street photography

Hi everyone,

I'm a owner of a Ricoh grII and I was about to buy a fujifilm system as a complementary camera but I was wondering : is Sony A7 system good for street photography?

If some of you are using the Sony a7ii for this purpose, could you give me some feedback? Which lens do you often use? Does the Sony a7iii have some "tricks" that allows you to improve your way to take street photo (I mean candid pictures, with people)?  Is the face and eye tracking something that you usually use? Would you recommend the Sony a7iii or the Sony a7rii (more or less the same price) for its ability to crop more easily ?

As I said, I was first looking for a compact camera, but I will always have my Ricoh for situations where I need it. The Sony a7 can be quite compact according to the lens you use with it. I'm a lot attracted by the IQ and AF if this camera. I was looking thousands pictures and the FF sensor offers something more than the APS-C, in terms of Dynamic range, details, lox light, depth of field. I love the rendering of the 55mm 1.8 but looking for a more "compact wide" lens (around 24-28mm).

Thank you very much!

Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow