90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
RRAz Regular Member • Posts: 121
Re: 90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

I can (sorta) understand why 7DII owners feel shorted. However, as a casual wildlife shooter, the single card issue doesn't bother me at all, and lack of dual Digic leaves me pretty nonplussed. I guess, as an 80D owner, I am more in the target segment.

Spot AF (especially if joystick controlled!) and enhanced tracking are the biggest items on my want list, so assuming it lives up to the promises, I can easily see one in my future.

More pixels can only be a plus. 8 vs 10 FPS is hardly a game changer, but improved ISO performance would be most welcome! Eye tracking, if it works on critters, would be really cool.

Beyond this camera, considering Canon is investing new devices into a rapidly shrinking market, I think whimpering critics should temper their foot-stamping with the understanding that current model sales fund future model sales. Some CEO has to accurately prognosticate and green light the camera which provides the returns necessary  to sustain a) the company and b) his job. If you want Canon to produce a 7D3, you better hope the 90D is smashing success.

RRAz's gear list:RRAz's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow