Interested in any experience with a Helicon FB Tube

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jim B (MSP) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,807
Interested in any experience with a Helicon FB Tube

I shoot handheld a Canon 80D with their 100mm macro. My main subjects have been bugs on flowers in the wild. So far, I have liked what I have been getting. But I would like to reduce my aperture from 20 mm (or so) to larger, like 8mm (or so), get better color at lower ISO in natural light.

Reading these threads, the obvious way is with focus stacking - which I have briefly tried.

I can handhold, shoot a burst and turn the focus ring during the burst, and send it to Photoshop to stack. The results are decent with Landscapes, passable with macros.

I have see on the Helicon site the new product & claim:  Mounted on the camera as a conventional extension tube, Helicon FB Tube automates focus bracketing in single shot and continuous shooting modes. Adjust settings, hold down the shutter button to shoot a stack and process it in Helicon Focus to achieve a perfectly sharp image.

So - I am interested in any comments from folks who have tried this new tube along with their software.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Jim
"It's all about the light"

Jim B (MSP)'s gear list:Jim B (MSP)'s gear list
Canon EOS 80D
Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow