nnowak wrote:

rrc1967 wrote:

nnowak wrote:

rrc1967 wrote:

nnowak wrote:

rrc1967 wrote:

nnowak wrote:

rrc1967 wrote:

Someone (or more than one person) in Canon Australia is out of a job.

A complete leak like this 10 days before release? I can't fathom how much money Canon spends on actual announcements. Sure some stuff is bound to leak out 1-2 days before hand like it always does - but this long in advance? from Canon themselves? ouch.

This is not a "leak". It is an intentional release to stir up interest and was done with the full knowledge of corporate. Every manufacturer has been using this tactic for a while now. Marketing just has to release a single web link and all of the camera blogs are on fire for days. Massive exposure for practically nothing and hopefully people will get whipped into a frenzy and preorder the minute after announcement.

No it isn't.

That's an internet myth.

Seriously? You think people from Canon Australia are so inept that they would "accidentally" upload official promo videos to the official Canon channel prematurely?

yes. the tech sheet was really inaccurate, not a polished tech sheet and simply wrong.

someone made a mistake it happens.

I am not talking about the tech sheet that is full of mistakes.

yes, let's ignore 1/2 of the information from the same source (canon australia) because it doesn't fit with your narrative.

I am not mentioning the PDF because I have not been following that development as closely.

so again, since it doesn't fit with your narrative, it's invalid.

I am talking about the official youtube videos that were posted on an official Canon youtube channel.

sure, that's a listbox selection to make it private versus unlisted / public.

mistakes do happen.

of course they do, but the timing is too coincidental for it to be a mistake. These videos would have been in one stage or another of production for months, but the only thing that leaks is the official video days before the announcement. Of all of the people that had a hand in this video, the only "leak" happens because someone ticked the wrong box on youtube. Seriously?

yes, seriously. the videos were posted well over a week ago. no one saw them.

doesn't sound like an orchestrated leak to me. if it was, they would have reached out to CR anonymously, or CW, petapixel,etc and said.. psst there's videos, well over a week ago.

But then it wouldn't look like an accidental leak.

anyways, have fun with that tin foil hat.

Let's see... multiple marketing departments for multiple subsidiaries for multiple corporations are all staffed with completely inept people that don't understand the difference between "public" and "private" internet settings, OR, a few anonymous randos running rumor sites are unwitting pawns in global corporate marketing strategies.

If this was the first ever "accidental" leak in the history of the internet, I might believe it was actually an accident.  Just google the term "accidentally leaked".  There are far too many hits for far too many products from far too many companies for any of this to be "accidental".

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MAC
0lf
(unknown member)
MAC
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow