Keep D800, or jump into Z6?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jconjason
jconjason New Member • Posts: 10
Keep D800, or jump into Z6?

Hello. Just a short background... I was a professional wedding and portrait photographer and used/still have a D800 with Nikon 24-70 2.8 AF-S ED, and a Nikon 70-200 2.8 AF-S ED VR II. I ended up being away from the business for a while due to health issues and multiple surgeries. I am now looking to get back into it. It wont be as full time as it was before my health issues. Mostly just portrait with an occasional wedding.

Now, on to my questions, I have been out of the loop for a couple years now, and have recently started reading about Nikon again. The Z6 has caught my attention, I admit I still dont know everything I could about the Z line. Anyway, if I were to move on to the Z6, would I notice any improvements over the D800? Again, uses would mostly be portrait and wedding work. Would I benefit from keeping my current glass and using the adapter, or should I sell and buy the Z lenses? Would I lose any quality by moving on from my current lenses? Ive done some light research on the 24-70 f4 S, but how would it compare to my current 2.8 with the adapter? I guess it just comes down to whether I would notice a big difference by going from the D800 and current lenses to the Z6 and Z lenses. Appreciate any responses!

jconjason's gear list:jconjason's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Nikon D800 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow