What are the very best and most unique lenses money can buy?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
White Buffalo Junior Member • Posts: 39
What are the very best and most unique lenses money can buy?

I recently got a Classic Zeiss 135 f/2 and it turned my world upside down. I'd never had a massive lens arsenal, but always used decent stuff (mainly Nikon 1.8G stuff and recently a Nikon 105 1.4E ED)... the Zeiss just completely smoked all that stuff and I feel like for the first time in my life I saw what really great optics can do to your work- the stuff I shot with the Zeiss was just on another level in all regards when compared to the Nikon stuff, which I've always loved/used.

Anyways, that lens really got me wondering what all is out there when it comes to no expenses spared lenses- the very best and most unique ones out there, what are they? Is Zeiss the top of the game or are there ones that compete? I've been looking to sell my Nikon glass to get into a full Zeiss range of lenses (couple Milvus' and maybe even one Otus eventually)- the MF doesn't bother me as the focus is so easy on them.

I've always heard great things about Leica lenses- are they on par with the Zeiss? What are some other high quality lenses to check out that would compete? Really eager to learn about what else is out there. I sort of find this non-Nikon/Canon world of glass more exciting for some reason.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow