90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris Mak Senior Member • Posts: 2,333
Re: 90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

BirdShooter7 wrote:

To be fair, Canon did make the 7d mk2.

And it is a great camera. But I can understand people moving on when a brand shows no apparent commitment to ensure a timely upgrade, instead only looking where money is to be made, or cost to be cut. It happens all the time, people moving from one brand to another because that brand makes the product they are looking for. Birders/wildlife shooters are pretty stationary because of the cost involved in super telelenses, but I have found it very healthy to switch brands a few times and let go of "brand loyalty". Loyalty goes both ways, and these guys in Japan plotting new cameras are not the loyal type I suspect...

So I am not really waiting on a 7DIII, I might just as well save up for a Sony A7RIV when Canon refuses to make a 7DIII. I already shot the 400DOII on the A7RII with the mc-11 and it workes fine. The A7RIV will certainly do a lot better, and give me 26,5 mp in crop mode.

Chris Mak's gear list:Chris Mak's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sony a7R II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon Extender EF 2x III Canon EF 400mm F4 DO IS II USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow