Ebay strategies?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP John KM/linhof Regular Member • Posts: 338
Re: Read the Thread

As the OP I didn't realize how complicated the bidding process can be. As a buyer, and if I truly want the item for my current needs I usually place a last minute bid with the maximum I would spend. If at about 5 secs I am outbid I get a chance to raise the bid if I am quick enough. If it is for something I would like to have but don't really need I will enter my bid with its maximum earlier and forget about it.

As a seller I price most items at half or less of the typical sold price, so if someone really wants the item there will be interest at that price and maybe multiple bidders will bring the bid close to the typical sold price. If not I am happy to part with item at the opening bid price, particularly if the item is not being used by me.

I guess if you are re-seller and a business things have a different look, but for those of us who view it more of a hobby, then you have to take the losses along with the wins both as a buyer and a seller. In my experience (20+ years) it evens out over the long run. But I am an optimist even at the age of 75! Your results may be differrent.

-- hide signature --

Linhofbiker

John KM/linhof's gear list:John KM/linhof's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow