Advice about BIF combination D500

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Ricardo00 Contributing Member • Posts: 598
Re: Advice about BIF combination D500

Fotocorn wrote:

Hi,

I shoot B.I.F.with the D500 & Nikkor 200-500mm,

If I could get just one image to the standard of any of those displayed during the course of this conversation, I would be over the moon.

The right equipment helps but the person behind the lens counts for much more.

It would be great if you "good photographers" could possibly give us "not so good" wanabee photographers a few tips instead of finding nits to pick, it would be wonderful.

I live in anticipation!!!

Not sure where to start, maybe you can post an example of one of your "not so good" photos that is only minimally processed with the EXIF data?  Also tell us how your are shooting, ie. which focus setting, fps, etc?  There are ebooks and youtube videos which go into depth on photographing BIF.  Start with some of the larger, slower birds and practice! Learning to anticipate the birds is also very useful.  You might also want to rent/borrow a 300mm pf or 500mm pf lens and see if that helps?  I myself play with my settings, still trying to find a way to get more keepers.  You have to find what works for you, which may be different than what others do?

Ricardo00's gear list:Ricardo00's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow