Downgrading from Full Frame to APS-C

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Floydartworks Junior Member • Posts: 30
Downgrading from Full Frame to APS-C

Hi everyone,

I have a D850 which I love very much but the only issue I am facing is the weight of the system specially when I am travelling by air. So I am thinking to downgrading to APSC (please note I am not a professional photographer, i am a very serious enthusiast and intend to be professional)

My main interest is Landscape and some street photography.

My current setup is D850 body, Nikkor 14-24 f2.8, Tamron 24-70 f2.8 and Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 (which sits at home most of the times)

I really feel sometimes that I must have 2 bodies when I am able to carry my whole gear (mainly on road trips by personal car). At the same time I do not want to spend too much of money. So i have narrowed it down to few choices based on the price (approx 5500 USD) I would get for my current system

1. Sell the whole system and move to Fuji X system. XT3, 10-24 f4, 18-55 and 55-200. The only issue is battery backup amd 10-24 is not that sharp according to reviews. But I can have 2 bodies because this system will save me some money.

2. Sell the whole system and buy 2 DX bodies like D5600 or any other and Tamron 10-24, 16-80 f2.8 to 4 and probably a zoom lens. The money I will save can be invested in a good Point and shoot and a Drone (more toys to play with, which I really want also its not possible to carry a dslr everywhere and thats where point and shoot will come in handy.)

3. DO NOT SELL ANYTHING and just buy another D5600 with Kit lens 18-55 and Tamaron 10-24 which I can afford easily. D5600 can be used with fx lenses when possible for better image quality. And DX system will be my travel kit.

Or there is somethimg else which makes more sense??

Thanks in advance.

Floydartworks's gear list:Floydartworks's gear list
Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D5 Nikon D50 Nikon D5600 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow