So, On1 2019 vs Capture 1, Fuji sharpening?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
guitarjeff Senior Member • Posts: 1,188
So, On1 2019 vs Capture 1, Fuji sharpening?
-- hide signature --

Any opinions on which one of these is the current Fuji raw sharpener king of the hill? On1 sharpening looks really good, and the new 2019 version looks easy to learn and work with.

Also, does the free Fuji Capture 1 express have the same good sharpening as the pro version?

Can you save to dng files in any of these? Of course, if the editors do everything I want it to I guess there would be no need for a dng but I still like the idea of a dng for taking in to Photoshop.

I know there are others, but these 2 seem popular as full on Lightroom replacements. On1 certainly looks easy to work with and there are many a YouTube raving about it and the sharpening. People like Luminar and their HDR photo program too, but so far On1 looks the closest to Lightroom as far as easily moving to it.

But that free Fuju Capture 1 express looks good if the sharpening is the same as the pro version and if you could just demosaic the raws and sharpen them in that and save as dng then open them in Lightroom that seems like a good way to go too, and a lot cheaper.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow