How do i connect to my smartphone for GPS ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheDoc46 Junior Member • Posts: 41
How do i connect to my smartphone for GPS ?

So got my new A7Riii delivered last night. Just getting to grips with it. Trying to connect it to my iPhone XS, but struggling here.

I downloaded the PlayMemories app, which doesn't actually have anything to do with connecting to your a7... Later found out that there's something now called Imaging Edge Mobile, which i downloaded and seemed more promising.

I did manage to connect it to my smartphone to send images from my camera to my iPhone XS. However, the 'Ctrl w / Smartphone' doesn't allow me to connect. Even though it connected prior using the 'Snd to Smrtphn Func'   Nor does the Bluetooth ever show up on my iPhone, with it enabled on the A7.

Anyway coming on here, hoping there's a guide somewhere ? Unfortunately the video's online seem to be all geared towards the older PlayMemories app and they've made some changes.

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow