90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve Balcombe Forum Pro • Posts: 13,383
Re: 90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

BirdShooter7 wrote:

I actually take this as good news as I think it means we could still get a 7d mk3.

After a few hours chewing it over, I've come to the same conclusion. My initial reaction was that giving the 90D certain '7D' features like the joystick and spot AF, and of course 10 fps, could mean this is the best we're going to get - so no 7D3. But the more I look at the 90D, the more it looks like a nice update to the 80D, but nothing more. It has simply inherited a few features from a higher-tier body which is now almost five years old. Classic trickle-down. And with only 45 points, the AF hasn't even caught up with the 7D2, just narrowed the gap. The body is exactly the same size as the 80D, so it will be no better for use with bigger/heavier lenses. It still has a slightly below-par viewfinder. It still has <stage whisper> one card slot </>.

So the 90D is not the predicted re-merge of the XXD and 7D lines - and this launch still leaves the door wide open for a 7D3, maybe in the spring.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow