What would I be Missing?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
draacor
draacor Senior Member • Posts: 1,639
What would I be Missing?

Hey all,

Long time Nikon user and am thinking of jumping on the Mirrorless train. I currently have a Nikon D850 and one thing that has been driving me crazy is the AF Fine tune on DSLR's. There is nothing more frustrating when you do everything right and go home to find out you missed critical focus. I'm tired of calibrating my lenses and even then that only works at the focal lengths you calibrate for. Its just a frustrating experience to say the least. I would also love to use an EVF for WYSIWYG.

I currently photograph family photos, wildlife (some birds and horses), and landscapes and real estate.

My lenses are as follows:

Nikon 24-70 f2.8 ED

Nikon 20mm f1.8

Nikon 85mm f1.4D (i know this wont work for AF on the Z series so was thinking of selling it)

Nikon 50mm f1.4D (i know this wont work for AF on the Z series so was thinking of selling it)

Nikon 200-500mm

Tokina 100mm F2.8 (i know this wont work for AF on the Z series so was thinking of selling it)

Anyway in thinking of switching to the Z7 what would I be missing? Can i do almost everything? Any help would be great, I know it has a different AF system than the D850 but not sure if that means just different or far inferior or superior or what.

The one card slot really doesnt bother me either. I have almost never used the second slot on the D850.

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow