Jonsi Veteran Member • Posts: 4,281
Re: Read the Thread

BrownieVet wrote:

JakeJY wrote:

BrownieVet wrote:

JakeJY wrote:

BrownieVet wrote:

PhotoTeach2 wrote:

The bottom line is still submitting a bid in last "seconds" (too late to allow response).

Too late for whom? A person maybe

But

Not too late for a : "WHAT is a Computer program?"

Yes, a person. He's not talking about out bidding autobid, but talking about people that set their max bid higher at last minute when they receive notification they have been outbid (aka they change their mind about the maximum they are willing to pay).

The OP is about eBay Strategy. Honestly, what does that mean to you?

A computer program and autobid doesn't do that for you, they only go up to what max bid you set before.

Autobid is a computer program (app) free service offered by eBay for free. Please read the entire thread between PhotoTeach and myself.

I'm not sure if my point was made clear. You and PhotoTeach aren't talking exactly about the same thing. You are talking about autobid (eBay's built in function) or in combination with a computer program/app that does sniping (last second bids).

Let us define the terms:
Autobid - eBays automated "computer" program - interactive response
Snipper - Third Party "computer" program. Monitors only - requires user action

The scenario I'm talking about (and I believe PhotoTeach was talking about) goes more like this.

Say for example A's max bid is $90 (set either in eBay or in a sniper program/app). Your (B) max bid is $100.

A enters $90 in to eBay earlier in the auction as max bid (the visible current bid amount would be lower due to eBay's autobid system). B enters $100 at last moment (either manually or sniper program/app does) too late to allow a human response to eBay's notification that A must increase max bid to win. B wins the auction at $91.

I have been using eBay's "autobid" for years. I don't wait for the last minute to enter my bid. For example:

An item appears with asking price of $500, remaining time is 5 days, current bid is $10.01 with suggested bid of $12.34. I am interested and willing to pay up to $423.02 . . .
I enter $12.34 and then my limit of $423.02 - at the first minute of the listing.

You only have to enter the $423.02.  You don't have to bid twice.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow