Ebay strategies?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Krav Maga
Krav Maga Senior Member • Posts: 2,942
Re: Ebay strategies?

Bobthearch wrote:

It seems to me that more people now just want to shop, Buy-It-Now, not compete in an auction. At least for common items. For rare or valuable items, I'd certainly utilize the auction features.

^^^ This. And the data back it up.

If it were me I'd pick a price, list it as a Fixed Price item with a Best Offer option with an auto accept and auto decline price AND immediate payment required.

This way, if someone hits the auto accept price in their offer or clicks Buy It Now, they are required to pay at that time. However the item remains active until they pay.

If no one hits the auto accept threshold, you can look at the offers and choose whose offer you want to accept. If some Joe Blow with zero feedback who opened up an account yesterday has made an offer and it just doesn't feel right, you may want to decline it. No harm, no foul. The offer from the person who has double digit buyer feedback is far more likely to be legit.

Listing camera or electronic gear has a tendency to bring out the knuckleheads. Listing in the manner described above will largely mitigate the knuckleheads.

-- hide signature --

I feel more like I do now than I did before ...
https://www.danielmedley.com

Krav Maga's gear list:Krav Maga's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow