Need a touch af video capable ef adapter. Anything?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Entropy512 Senior Member • Posts: 4,523
Re: Need a touch af video capable ef adapter. Anything?

repickrel wrote:

Hey everyone, new here. I have an a6500 ordered. I also have Canon lenses that I don't want to get rid of. I mainly use a 24-70mm f/2.8. Primary use is video recording. Is there an ef to e mount adapter that supports touch af while recording video yet? I know metabones has af while in advanced mode but it doesn't appear to be touch and only in the center of the screen. Thought I would check with the experts here. Thanks!

MC-11 with a Sigma Global Vision lens attached. It "sort of" works but not particularly well, since Sigma's motor speed control with the MC-11 kinda sucks.

For your lens, no known solution. (There's a SLIGHT chance Viltrox may include the needed data for off-center PDAF in the Viltrox IV, but ONLY if you have a lens that is explicitly listed as supported. I need to recheck this one of these days.)

-- hide signature --

Context is key. If I have quoted someone else's post when replying, please do not reply to something I say without reading text that I have quoted, and understanding the reason the quote function exists.

Entropy512's gear list:Entropy512's gear list
Sony a6000 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Sony a6300 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow