Remote shutter release for Z6 Z7?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ArtAlt
ArtAlt Senior Member • Posts: 1,978
Remote shutter release for Z6 Z7?

I shoot in studio tethered to a Macintosh running Capture One.   Currently shooting D750 and D810 but planning for Z series.  What do I need in order to trigger the shutter remotely?   I've read that the ML-L3 that triggers my D750 so reliably does not work with Z series.  Not sure about the "Free Wave Micro" that I use with the D810 (a 2 part system, receiver and trigger).

I've read that the shutter can be triggered via a smart phone and wifi but the camera assumes you want the images sent to the smart phone (argh!).   Is that true?  Is this connection reliable?

Seems like Wifi is way overkill for simple shutter trigger.  Perhaps the smart phone lets me adjust settings as well?   Or preview the image like in the viewfinder, in real time?

Do the two part systems that work on my D810 also work with Z series?

Best would be the simple ML-L3 alas .....

Thank you.

Art

-- hide signature --

Art M Altman
Headshot / Portrait Photographer
http://www.artmaltman.photography

ArtAlt's gear list:ArtAlt's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Sony a7 III Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750 Nikon D810 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow