Should I upgrade or change brand entirely?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Davidabsilva New Member • Posts: 3
Should I upgrade or change brand entirely?

Hi,

Let me start by saying I'm not a professional by any means but I do wish to make the leap while I've got a good paying job to support me.

Currently using a Canon 70d, never had issues, rock solid all the way, very happy with it.

Reading latest news regarding the future of photography and my preference in landscape photography, should I upgrade to full frame?

If so, I'm on the fence if I should stay with Canon, it's a reliable brand but I see other manufactures catching up and better full frames from Sony and Nikon. With Canon either I get the R or sell my car (not willing) to get a 5D.

The option to stay with my 70d is still on the table. I can manage a few more years with it but for that I want a better glass than this, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS. If I get a new lens I would be less likely to change brand in the near future and afraid to get stuck with the decision between a Canon R or a 5D.

Notes:

• I don't mind switching brands;
  • When it comes between a ML, DSLR, FF or M4/3. I can manage that weight difference;
  • I'm willing to sell or try to sell all my Canon equipment in order to have a bigger budget;
  • Don't have a big budget, can manage a €2k and if I sell my Canon gear I can reach €4k.

Thank you.

P.S.: Sorry for the english.

Davidabsilva's gear list:Davidabsilva's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX120 IS Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow