FZ300 new user questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mario64 New Member • Posts: 8
FZ300 new user questions

Hi all,

My FZ300 arrives Wednesday. I bought it to use on an upcoming Alaska cruise. Been doing some reading and have a few questions if someone could take time to respond

1) Are 256GB SD cards supported? I'll be gone for 8 days with no PC for download and plan to shoot 4K

2) Is PNY Elite Performance Pro U3 a good card? Tests show a write speed around 67.3 MB/s

3) How well does this camera integrate with the Apple ecosystem? I assume I can just wirelessly transfer pictures to my iphone. Video will presumably have to be downconverted to 1080p in order to upload to icloud?

4)  I need to shoot pictures using JPG for easy transfer to iphone? If so, any particular quality settings I should use?

5) How exactly does the GPS thing work with iphone? I have to run the app & enable GPS logging PRIOR to taking any pictures? What about after? Will it auto-tag GPS data when I transfer to iphone?

Sorry for such a long post but I haven't been able to source answers to these questions. Thanks for any help and any other new user tips!

mario

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow