OK - is Canon about to stir new ground in the APS-C...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 20,585
OK - is Canon about to stir new ground in the APS-C...

market?  Hey look my fellow X-Trans Homies (you know who you are), I know that many of us shoot with more than one brand and it's interesting to see what the "other side" plans on coming up with from time to time.  I know I shoot with a variety of Fuji X gear and absolute love it, but I also shoot with the Canon EOS M, various M43, and Samsung NX cameras.

But this may break new ground in the APS-C sensor arena (if true).  Here is what appears to be a leaked Canon EOS M6 II product video, showing the camera to have 32.5 MP's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n796RJcJoRg&feature=youtu.be

Does this mean that Canon is going somewhere else to get this 32.5 MP effective pixel sensor, or is being made by Canon?  I know I haven't heard of Sony coming up with this as of yet (or are they)?  And what will this mean for Fuji?  Will we expect to see 32.5 MP releases in the near future?

Don't flame me - just food for thought and interesting to say the least.

-- hide signature --

Have a great day...
Bernd ("Ben") Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EOS M Olympus OM-D E-M5 +17 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow