Canon 6D Mark II - 28mm f1.8 long exposure distortions

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
StettinPalver New Member • Posts: 6
Canon 6D Mark II - 28mm f1.8 long exposure distortions

I'm trying to determine how to avoid or correct for distortions I'm seeing with some night photos I've taken recently. Originally I think it was because I didn't take the UV filter off, but I've since went back out and see the distortions even with it off.

Here's a few Milky Way shots. The first one shows Jupiter to the bottom right. Many bright stars are kind of stretched out oval shaped as you move out of the center of field of view. There are sharp pinprick stars just beside them, so it is not star trails. The other 2 are from the same trip 2 months later. Does anyone know why this is happening? This is the widest lens I have to work with right now.

Milky Way at Gold Creek Pond near Snoqualmie Pass - Washington State - Canon 6D MK II - 28mm f/1.8 6400 ISO 6s

Milky Way at Gold Creek Pond near Snoqualmie Pass - Washington State - Canon 6D MK II - 28mm f/1.8 6400 ISO 8s

Milky Way at Gold Creek Pond near Snoqualmie Pass - Washington State - Canon 6D MK II - 28mm f/1.8 6400 ISO 6s

Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow