Would you still buy a GX85? At what price?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
orey10m Regular Member • Posts: 198
Would you still buy a GX85? At what price?

Hello,

I haven't really been in the camera buying game for a couple years, but recently cracked the screen on my body and am thinking of just getting a new body instead of trying to fix this one. Before I stopped looking at camera bodies, I was pretty interested in the Panasonic GX85. I already have a Panasonic 12-32, and a vintage 50mm on an adapter for portraits, so I've got a good amount of coverage on my most frequented zoom ranges.

How have things progressed since?

It seems like the main companies have since come out with full frame mirrorless etc.. and are busy promoting all that.

But for a guy just wanting to take better pictures for sharing on say Instagram (better than my iPhone 8plus that is, which takes pretty damn good pictures), for less than $300 body only, would the GX85 still be a good choice? Would you buy one today?

Other notes:

Size matters. I mainly take pictures when I'm outside fly-fishing

Price matters. I mainly am near water and Am fairly rough on cameras (one went in the drink And one broke on parking lot pavement) so I keep my camera purchases pretty cheap/low key. I don't want to be terribly worried about the thing.

Stabilization probably matters...

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

my digital photography:
- flyfishingphotoproject.com -
fledgling new youtube channel:
https://tinylink.net/30lDE

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow