Is A7II still good?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
MikePrime New Member • Posts: 21
Re: Is A7II still good?

You cant miss what you never had. I originally had an a7...the ORIGINAL one. I got some amazing images out of it and coming from an a6000 loved the improvements(af was a bit worse but the sensor difference and ergonomics  kept me from complaining)

Went straight from a7 to a7iii. My God what a difference. It was everything i could ever dream of. With that being said, with the exception of low light, most shots i got with the a7iii, i could've got with the a7...the only difference being the a7iii made it MUCH easier(which in a way does allow for more chances to get the shot and more shots in focus)

Fast forward to couple months ago. Got a brand new a7rii for dirt cheap. 3 years ago this would have been my "endgame" camera. Present day i absolutely hate it. Cant assign aps-c mode to a button, no drag to focus, HORRIBLE battery, no joystick, af/mf and eye af switch is obsolete. Its very hard to switch  between the a7iii and a7rii to the point the a7rii is solely for landscapes and static subjects.

The point im trying to make is that the a7ii is still a good camera. If this wont be for sports or low light, then it is one of the best money can buy. Provided you haven't used a 3rd gen body its impossible to miss the new features. I would argue the only thing you would have issue with is the battery life and single sd card slot. The actual picture quality is VERY similar.

MikePrime's gear list:MikePrime's gear list
Sony RX10 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony a7R II Sony a7 III +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow