GX85 Sensor Cracked

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
madannud21 New Member • Posts: 1
GX85 Sensor Cracked

Hi All, First post on DPreview and it's not for the best reason. I was about to blow off some dust from my semi-new (5 months) gx85 sensor and to my absolute surprise the sensor was cracked, corner to corner. I only have a limited 1-year warranty on it but wasn't sure if anyone has ever heard of such a thing. Its taken some knocks, but nothing I would have ever anticipated leading to this. I didn't know that could happen if I didn't drop something on the sensor.

I was curious if anyone knows how the warranty will deal with this issue? I just wanted a new sensor, but am not sure how Panasonic deals with things like this. Any insights would be appreciated, both in how they might deal with this and what could be the end result. I am new to the Panasonic family but have 4 lenses and dont want to drop $ on a new body if I can avoid it. Thanks for any insights you can offer

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow