Help me find comparable lenses!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
draacor
draacor Senior Member • Posts: 1,639
Help me find comparable lenses!

Hey all.

I am currently a Nikon user and thinking of making the switch over to Sony. Here is the thing i do not have any experience in sony glass so need help in choosing the right kit for my needs. Here is my current Nikon Setup:

D850

20mm f1.8 - This is my main landscape lens, love it but dont absolutely need the 1.8

24-70mm f2.8 - great lens but i find i use primes more often

85mm f1.4D - great lens as well and i use it for portraits

50mm f1.4D

Tokina 100mm f2.8 - great lens but i cant for the life of me get it tack sharp

Nikon 200-500mm - imo perfect wildlife lens

Here are the things i shoot:

The occasional real estate gig

Family photos

Wildlife and landscape

Now i really want the A7RIV but that is pretty expensive and was thinking the A7RIII is a lot cheaper now that everyone is selling them for the IV. Im curious which lenses would be a good fit for me to round out the kit? I'm not necessarily looking for a replacement for each lens above, more or less I am looking for the best combo at the least expensive. The reason I am switching is because i need to consolidate my bag, and im so tired of dicking around with AF fine tune. I'm sick of coming home and having blurry shots when everything i did was great and it ends up being the camera calibration. I want EVF.

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow