Where are the G1X III users

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
nolten Regular Member • Posts: 410
Re: Where are the G1X III users

I've had my G1X3 since soon after it was released and have used it along side my 80D and 5D4 for a number of international trips as well as local use. Without hesitation I can say its the best G series compact I've had and the first to go head to head with my DSLRs and L zooms. I've done side by side comparisons with my 24-105 and 24-70 f4 L zooms and see more shot to shot variation than variation between lenses.

With my G1X3 I have two bodies and the freedom to use a long or wide zoom on my DSLR and know I've got the 24-70 range covered with quality. I'll never use a small sensor compact again.

Having said that, I've watched and read reviews of the recent G5X and G7X releases and these are very compelling cameras. With their longer zoom range, faster frame rate, 4K video, and lower price it would be hard for most consumers not to pick one of these over the G1X3. If you don't understand sensor size, only shoot SOOC jpegs, and mostly compare image quality with a cell phone, the G1X3 has nothing to offer. All of these are high end compacts and will yield excellent results in most shooting situations.

nolten's gear list:nolten's gear list
Canon G1 X III Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow