Upgrading Lens vs Body First

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DanielJCook105
DanielJCook105 New Member • Posts: 2
Upgrading Lens vs Body First

Hi all. So my question is a bit of a mixed bag... two main questions, 1. should I upgrade my lenses first or body first? and  2. is the camera body I'm thinking about getting decent for my uses?

1. I have an older Nikon D90 and am looking at upgrading to the D750. I should have looked for the exact type of lenses before I left, but I currently have three, all Nikons: a 55-200, 18-55, and a 35. They're all on the cheaper end, $200ish each.

2. I'm thinking about getting the Nikon D750; however, I mainly just went for a decent looking Nikon because I've used a Nikon previously. My skill level I'd say is intermediate, I'm just a hobbyist, and I am looking for a camera which has some more options than my D90. As far as what I'm shooting, it's a bit of a mix... I do a lot of night photography (festivals/events, people doing fire performances, events with a lot of blinking LED lights everywhere), I do some action/sports just for fun, some portraits just for fun and some landscapes. (living in DC and close to a lot of stuff there's always cool landscape stuff to shoot)

I'll gladly take any recommendations on... anything. I've had my D90 for years and I love it, but it's just not able to keep up with the shots that I want to be able to take. Thank you for your help!

Nikon D750 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow