Advice about BIF combination D500

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
rz350 Regular Member • Posts: 194
Re: Advice about BIF combination D500

Personally, I like the Sigma sport since I have one. It suits my needs. And I have the 1.4 TC from Sigma for it. Both required AFT. I typically shoot hand held. When I bought it there was the Tamron G1 and the Sigma contemporary had just just been introduced. The contemporary was available before my sport shipped. After I had ordered the sport, Nikon introduced the 200-500. I would have gone for the Nikon had it been around. But after reading Brad Hill's testing of it, I am glad I got the Sigma. Don't let anyone tell you it is not heavy because it is. Like I said, I shoot handheld. The lens and camera combo point very well. It is front heavy with the big solid hood on it. You need a good strap to carry it around. At one point I would have said Black Rapid but after a friend with basically the same outfit had his strap fail, and I looked at mine, I am hard pressed to recommend any of them. Just check all points of your strap system for failure. Weather wise the Sigma sport is superior to all of them. As always, your mileage may vary

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow