Does the 3D Playstation have more than one use

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Entropy512 Senior Member • Posts: 4,330
Re: Does the 3D Playstation have more than one use

Brisn5757 wrote:

Entropy512 wrote:

Brisn5757 wrote:

caver3d wrote:

With my PS3, I've only used it watch 3D movies, and it works great for that.

caver3d

Did you need an extra attachment to watch 3D movies with your PS3?

I'm not certain if you mean watch 3D movies on a 3D TV or on the VR headset that comes as an attachment.

Brian

VR headset? So you mean the PSVR???

It does have a media player but it kind of sucks. At least last time I tried it (maybe it's improved since then), the PSVR media player was limited to 1080p content. 1080p equirectangular 360 is garbage... I'm not even sure if it does 3D SBS or VR180 video.

Thanks Entropy512.

There does not seem much advance with 3D even with the leaps in Technology these days. Maybe its a case of waiting and hoping something worth while will be developed.

Brian

There's a possibility Sony may have removed the video codec size limitation in the PS4 Pro by now.

The problem was:  The original non-Pro PS4 couldn't decode 4k video, the Pro can, but the app was (last time I tried it) not updated to take advantage of Pro capabilities.

I've been using an Oculus Go for these use cases for a long time.

-- hide signature --

Context is key. If I have quoted someone else's post when replying, please do not reply to something I say without reading text that I have quoted, and understanding the reason the quote function exists.

Entropy512's gear list:Entropy512's gear list
Sony a6000 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Sony a6300 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow