Some more 24 GM shots from Guarda, also experimenting with f/1.4.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reto B
Reto B Regular Member • Posts: 425
Some more 24 GM shots from Guarda, also experimenting with f/1.4.

This lens is really special and I did not expect such results at f/1.4.

This shot really blew me away (full resolution). Not only is it tack sharp at f/1.4, but though not standing very far away from the house the DOF covered it entirely while the backgraound is nice and creamy:

This house is 344 years old!

Getting close to something smaller at f/1.4, again with "buttery" background. I wasn't able to achieve this with any other WA lens so far (4K):

The heraldic animal of our village.

Getting really close at f/5.6. But still nice background blur:

It stands at the entrance to the village

Another f/1.4 example, very close:

The eagle is also important for us. We have them a little further up the mountain.

Some more "regular" f/5.6 shots:

This one is also from 1775

All our wells are decorated with flowers in summer. In winter the ice takes that job.

Non voluntary self portrait if you look closer

And yet another one from 1775

Shortcut from the lower to the upper part of the village

Finally a view to our neighbouring village Bos-Cha

Meanwhile my new website is life with far more comfortable navigation options than my previous Spark page.

It has thumbnails, includes more images, offers a slideshow and you can display the EXIF data and view the 4K versions of the photos without the need of opening a new window: http://www.rebafoto.ch/Guarda/index.html

Reto

Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Sony a7S Sony a7R III Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow