Pics from vacation (warning lots of heavy pics)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP KSauzeRK Regular Member • Posts: 252
Re: Pics from vacation (warning lots of heavy pics)

SigmaChrome wrote:

Some really beautiful shots in that collection and all shot with my favourite DSLR. I also have the same lenses.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to restrict yourself to shooting a ISO 100. I can get excellent results with the SD1M at ISO 200 - 320 and if really needed up to 640 (if there's enough light).

Anyway, great results. Thanks for posting.

Thanks !  You're right I should push up the ISO sometimes, I'll put auto iso on one of the custom mode C[1-3] memory to catch birds in flight during my walks for example, that would help. Coming from a SD Q H which also got stolen, I like the SD1 Merrill. Only minor things I dislike is I wish one of the wheels would change exposure compensation when in A mode for example, and i haven't found a way to lock focus in continuous focus mode. Other then that great camera, feels good ergonomically and I like the rendering.

KSauzeRK's gear list:KSauzeRK's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sigma SD1 Merrill Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow