M43, my first 10,000 images...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul GB New Member • Posts: 16
M43, my first 10,000 images...

To summarise; used a film camera once, never liked them. First digital camera in the 90s, AGFA 1080x768! Since then used Canon, Olympus, Fuji, Casio, Kodak, Agfa, Sony and more... Compact, fixed lens, DSLR, m43, ILC. Last 7 years Nikon. D300 (beautiful) and D5300/5500 combination (low price quality).

I travel full time, covered 80 countries, from holiday, cruise to back packing and now Europe in an RV for a few years. I photograph EVERYTHING. Architecture, people, street are my favourites, but landscape and everything else, too.

D5x00 combination was great but heavy with 16-300 Tamron (ace all rounder) , 10-20 Sigma f3.5 (replaced twice, never sharp!) 150-600 sigma a beautiful crisp lens, 8.5mm fisheye.. After research it was between the A6400 and GX9 based on size, features, function and lenses. Based on value I went GX9. Got it and kit 12-60 (super lens), 25mm f1.7 Panasonic, 17mm f1.8 Olympus and a second user 7-14 f4 Panasonic. Cost only a few hundred pounds switching as Impart exchanged with Park Cameras UK. Exemplary service.

Thoughts. Bought 8th April, just taken 10,027 images today in Hungary. It is, For ME a refreshing and liberating experience.

Lightweight, quick on, Bluetooth GPS (covered 9 countries in last 4 months), stellar lenses... Each one has produced better images than ANY of my prior Nikon's. iBIS makes low light easy, the swivel eyepiece makes ceiling shots at Places Of Prayer a cinch, no neck ache!. Bought 4 aftermarket batteries and usb chargers for 40ukp total. I used in Budapest 2 and a part battery with Bluetooth on and camera taking 318 shots in a 9h 35m period... Pleased.

Its unassuming style, make it a great street snapper. I got a 24ukp half leather case, helps for me, hand fitawell now, the grips are perfect for me. The rear screen is clear, bright and we'll layed out. The EVF works great as the D5x00 ovf and layered icons were unreadable! Oh, and WMU app was a joke!

I moved from Nikon jpg to Panasonic RAW under C1 and 20mp to 24mp... Well looking closely, I would think it was 30mp ! Noise is there, but ISO 1600 max works for me. I used ISO 200 for 99 percent of my shots.

I am happy and hope that if needs, wants arise in future another GX model or even Olympus would keep me tied to these lovely light and great value lenses..

Hope that helps.

Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon D5 Nikon D5300 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow