How much weight on a Shoulder bag ?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
GaryW Veteran Member • Posts: 9,078
Re: How much weight on a Shoulder bag ?

José B wrote:

Sound like a good idea. I think, I may leave the Df+58 1.4 and 35 f2 for the evenings and the Sony set-up for the mornings. This two camera set-up of different makes is the problem.

I may even go with :

A6400+18-105 +19mm f2.8 - one set, and

second set of Df +10-20mm Sigma(APSC mode) and 58mm 1.4 in the evening or night time photography.

Sounds like a clever plan so far- for the Pushkar Mela- camel market fare .

https://htoindia.com/blog/pushkar-camel-mela/

Yes it'll be heavy. The last time I had a two-camera setup was in Alaska (both Canon DSLRs). In my case I didn't want to swap lenses so I brought two cameras.

Regarding bags, I have two kinds of strategies -- everything I need on a trip, I'll probably put in a larger bag, but for an outing where I'll be walking, I only pick a couple of lenses.

Sometimes, I'll know that I only need certain lenses (for an airshow, a tele and a wide-angle or maybe normal, for example), so I'll take just what I need.  On longer trips, I might take more lenses in a larger back, but for walking around, I'll use a smaller bag.

I have a couple of bag/case things that attach to my belt (but not a "belt system) that are great for walking for a good period, but those are limited to certain sizes.

Of course the advantage in taking two cameras is you have a backup. My backup for this trip is the iPhone Xs which has a great camera.

My iPhones have been my backup camera for over a decade! 

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6500 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow