Advice about BIF combination D500

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
N Deacon
N Deacon Contributing Member • Posts: 617
Re: Advice about BIF combination D500

lokatz wrote:

larrywilson wrote:

I think maybe you need another monitor. To my eyes the bif shot is plenty sharp especially for printing. I do print up to 13 X 19 and have printed this image.

Maybe you did not share the original shot here? A 2000x1334 image printed at 13x19? At a pixel density of 105px/inch, where 150 is barely ok and 300+ is what you really want for a sharp print? You would have to be kidding!

I repeat: nothing is really sharp in the image you shared. If you shared a scaled-down version of a sharper shot, what's the point?

I don't want to get into a which lens is best argument as my lens of choice for this purpose is not in this list. I do, however, want to comment on the above (clipped)discussion. When viewed on my 4k screen the image Larry posted is sharp when viewed at its actual size (download the jpeg, open in an image viewer), but when viewed in a browser via the DPR viewer looks pretty awful because the DPR "100% zoom" is nothing of the sort - it enlarges the image way beyond 100% to the point of making perfectly good images look awful - at least on my setup. It's a problem with the viewer that I have flagged up in the past.

N Deacon's gear list:N Deacon's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow