Jupiter in Scorpius; an intimated status report.

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
abiquiuense
abiquiuense Senior Member • Posts: 3,997
Jupiter in Scorpius; an intimated status report.

Jupiter has travelled twice around the sun describing the length of time, and distance, of my acquaintance with space in terms of the learning curve.

Before that, it was only a cursory interest. I’d been looking, in that direction most of my life, and that’s a few more revolutions of Jupiter; three point six revolutions more, sort of.

I’d probably have caught up with space, in any event, but, Jupiter’s encounter with Shoemaker-Levy 9, drew my interest.

The Milky Way had always enchanted me. Not too many nights have escaped without making my neck into a pretzel as I watched huge numbers of stars twinkle, change color, grow bigger and step aside for meteors and comets and jet traffic and who knows what else.

All of that, I’ve done alone, out there, on top of those mountains, or, upriver from here, or from home. I even built a torreón, thirty feet high upon which to plant the dream of an apochromatic, or just sit down with a Questar.  Well, it's a spiral staircase to my second level.

Where do we go from here?

Please share or fix my picture.

Where were you the revolution before the last? Where were you during the revolution straddling the walk on the moon? Would you share yours?

Of course C&C is welcome, but so too is conversation, or, a question, or, just a smile and a thumb.

abiquiuense

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow