I got my first gopro, need help please

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ian_abaco
Ian_abaco Junior Member • Posts: 33
I got my first gopro, need help please

My wife got me a Gopro 7 black for my birthday, very awesome. I use a wheelchair and have limited hand use so it's been an ongoing struggle trying to use it without needing help. Slowly I'm figuring it out. Currently I'm using a ball cap mount to shoot outdoors. Hoping to find another easy mount that I can use for vlog facing camera video type footage.

A couple of my current things that I hope to better understand:

I uploaded my first video today, just over 5 minutes, shot in 1080 x 60 fps. The finished video was 1.8gb and took about 2 hours to upload over my wifi. Would it be quicker if I plugged into the ether-net cable or is this time normal? I'm looking for crisp videos, if I shot in 1080 x 30 fps would they still be decent? And bring down the file size?

The first video I shot was horizontal, the next few were vertical. Did I accidentally hit something? I prefer horizontal and would hate to think I'm shooting one way and it turns out another.

I hope to get good outside color in my videos. Is there a auto light / exposure setting? Should I leave it on auto. I want to shoot as is and not edit too much. If it's a cloudy day what setting can I set it too? If it's sunny or clear, what setting? I'm looking for some standard settings that I can learn and not have to worry too much.

I have more questions but appreciate help with any of these.

Thank you,

Ian

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow