My refurb Z6 + 24-70 arrived from B&H

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Phil Flash Veteran Member • Posts: 4,200
My refurb Z6 + 24-70 arrived from B&H

It arrived in a white box, with the precious bits wrapped in bubble wrap.  It seems to have all the caps and accessories that come with the camera.

I can discern absolutely no previous signs of use on either the body or the lens.  The gear is "as new" as far as I am concerned.

The firmware was 1.01 and the date on the clock was August 4, 2018.

According to various websites that determine the number of shutter actuations, the first photo I took was the first shutter actuation the camera experienced.

There was no paperwork, software CDs (if those are supplied anymore) or other documentation.

The only indicator that this is a refurb are the subtle pin-marked "dimples" on either side of the serial numbers on both pieces.

Overall, I am very happy with my refurb gamble.

I'm also excited to be using a Nikon body again after switching from my  beloved D700 to Sony.  I switched to Sony because I wanted the video capabilities of the A7s and I loved the idea of full frame mirrorless.  But I've always hated the handling and UX with the Sony body, especially the menu system.

I bought the Techart Sony to Nikon Z adapter so I could use some of my Sony lenses on my Z6 and that seems to be working out well.

It's good to be shooting a Nikon body again.

-- hide signature --

Phil Flash

Nikon D700 Nikon Z6 Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow