monochrome or color at the dunes?

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
misterodd
misterodd Senior Member • Posts: 1,284
Red Apple or Green Apple

N1, both are fine fotos, certainly.  Mono or color, you ask?

Let me begin, if I may, with a question about your question.  Was it raised out of genuine aesthetic concerns, or was it asked merely out of curiosity?  In either case, a question of preference can only ever be answered subjectively, as you are aware of.  And like much in life, it depends on many and various factors.

What is it that you are trying to convey, either explicitly or implicitly, with the two photos?

My preference is for the outline of figures, the bonded silhouettes.

(Every artist, who understood the aim of art and the poetic, has understood the complex relation between form and content.  Some contending that the former is more essential, others arguing to the contrary.  Simply speaking, because the relationship between form and content can never be reduced to a convenient dichotomy, I believe that form is master with content being subordinated to it.  For any attempt at fine art, a work must speak both a local dialect or idiolect as well as a universal language.  At once, art must be universal and transient.)

-- hide signature --

Box Man

misterodd's gear list:misterodd's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J2 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon 1 V3 +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow