Prize winning photographer

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Barnard
Paul Barnard Veteran Member • Posts: 3,009
Prize winning photographer

I had a good day photography wise today. My hobby finally started paying.

The Mid Somerset Show was on today and a couple of weeks ago my wife suggested I enter the photography competition, she is a gardener and was entering some flowery things.

I printed out 8 images in 4 categories, 2 per category, and put them in. We went to the show today and I saw in the first category I made second place, the next category I was first! Moving along to the third category I didn’t get placed but was already thrilled to have placed in any category. Big surprise on the final category as my two images took first and third.

I then discovered there were cash prizes! Happy Days! This is the first time I’ve ever received money related to my photography.

My wife and one of her friends said they were very impressed. Does that now make me an acclaimed prize winning photographer?

P.S. my wife didn’t win in her categories but had a good show anyway.

P.P.S. I bought two coffees and a slice of cake with the winnings, so it was thoroughly enjoyed.

P.P.P.S. Wonder if I can justify a new lens based on my new found fame.

Paul Barnard's gear list:Paul Barnard's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow