Thinking about re-doing my kit and looking for some different perspectives

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
col4bin
col4bin Contributing Member • Posts: 937
Thinking about re-doing my kit and looking for some different perspectives

I shoot the A7RIII and I primarily shoot landscape and cityscape with occasional street shooting during the day and night.  I also enjoy travel based photography.

With that said, I currently have all primes and I am thinking about selling off my AF primes in favor of two zoom lenses. Often times during the day a zoom is more practical. It offers much more flexibility and allows me to scout out locations where I might want to return to get a shot that I want for a print or to invest more time processing in post. When I find these locations I will often opt for one of my MF primes...more so if there are lights in the scene and I want to capture sunstars. My MF kit consists of Voigtlander 15, Loxia 21, Loxia 35 and Loxia 85.

When I dabble in street the Loxia 35 meets my needs.  AF would be nice but I am not a fast paced photographer so MF is OK.

The AF primes I am considering selling are the 24GM, FE85 and Batis 135. I would be looking to obtain two zoom lenses and I am set on the Sony 24-105 and either the Sony 12-24 or Sony 16-35GM. While the GM is very attractive for it's quality, practically speaking I am not sure if it is the better choice for me and my style.

I am not looking for anyone to tell me what to do but I am interested in hearing different perspectives and why. I am hoping to hear something that might me think about this in a different way.   

col4bin's gear list:col4bin's gear list
Sony a7R III Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Zeiss Loxia 35 Zeiss Loxia 85mm F2.4 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow