Best overall fujifilm lenses. Street and more

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ZioPepino New Member • Posts: 17
Best overall fujifilm lenses. Street and more

Hi everyone, as I explained in a previous thread I was looking for a complementary camera for my Ricoh grII. I mostly do street photography but I was looking for a set up with more versatility and better IQ (for travel, family stuff and other projects).

After a lot of research I think I'll go with the Fuji XT-30 (for me the compactness is more important than weather sealing, so I'll pick this one instead of the xt3).

I actually have a big problem to choose lenses. I was searching a lot and I think the best focal length trio would be: 23mm, 35mm and 56mm. Of course I'll not get 3 lenses on the same time.

The 56mm 1.2 has the magic and seems unbeatable for its purpose

The 35mm 1.4 seems better for me (same size of the f2, better IQ and aperture, the "magic" I've heard...as I said weather sealing is not so important to me, price is more or less the same... I'll probably go with this first of all because my Ricoh is a 28mm.

But what about the 23mm? The 1.4 seems to offer incredible IQ. AF seems fast with new camera system but I loose the compactness of the 23mm f2 and the silent ultra fast AF... + Its twice more expensive. In another hand I move from ricoh to fujifilm to have the best IQ possible (better IQ at least)... I have the feeling that my Ricoh lens offers better results than the 23mm f2.

What do you think about that? It depends what I'm reading. Some tells that the f2 has it's own identity. Some others say that the f1.4 has the same quality than a Leica...etc.

Thank you very much!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EMV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow