Nikon d5200 worth ? Upgrading to d7500 worth it ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Ipkiss2nd Regular Member • Posts: 167
Re: Nikon d5200 worth ? Upgrading to d7500 worth it ?

lehill wrote:

Ipkiss2nd wrote:

Hi

I bought my Nikon d5200 in 2013 and has 25MegaPixel... It has served me well.

The camera + 18-55mm kit-lens costed around 1000$

That was the cost in Northern Europe... maybe you got it cheaper in USA e.g.

How much do you think my camera is worth now if i sell it ?

The camera is in perfect condition.... no tear and wear to see. - Always have it in my camera bag so there is no dust etc.

How much does a camera go down in value each year ?

I don't know how many photos iv taken (shutter count) don't think i can see that anywhere, but i'm not to person that takes the most photos, since its not my job and i only shoot family gatherings... so mainly shooting a copple of times a year...

NEXT QUESTION

Is it worth it to upgrade from D5200 to D7500 ?

The lenses iv got for D5200.... can i use them with D7500 ?

D7500 har benn on the market for quite a long time, can we expect a new camera replaceing D7500 soon ?

D7500 has declined in price/value alot... its almost 50% down compared to when it was released:

https://pricespy.co.uk/camera-photo/dslr-cameras/nikon-d7500--p4260251/statistics

So you shoot family gatherings 2x a year. This is a lot of fun for me but not worth it to spend money on newer camera body. The D7500 photo quality will be almost the same as the D5200 (photo comparison). Other people will upgrade to the D7500 - not because the photos are better - but for very different reasons.

How about upgrading to a new lens that will make sharper & better photos possible? Since many family gatherings are indoors a faster lens will help a lot. I was thinking maybe something like one of these Sigma/Tamron f/2.8 lenses.

Thanks for the answer.... yeah, i can see the sample photos are very simular.

Maybe il wait and buy a camera in the 7000series when/if a replacement will come... like a D7600

Ipkiss2nd's gear list:Ipkiss2nd's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow