Whats the general consensus now on the D850..?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,579
Whats the general consensus now on the D850..?

Maybe a strange question, but i have had the question of trading my Fuji for a D850, and been toying with the idea of doing that to compliment my Df and maybe sell my D4 and replace it with the D850.

I know the D850 is a monster from the reviews i have seen, and capable pretty much everywhere. I had the D810 earlier and sold it because i felt while it was a great camera it was a learning curve with the bigger resolution and had a hard time getting sharp images at first, but then adjusted and i started liking it more and more. Still, i felt a D4 was a better pairing for me in the end and like a lot about that camera.

How much better IS the D850? What do the people feel about the files coming out of the D850? do they have a "wow" factor like some people felt about the D700 of the D4/Df when they came, or does it feel more "clinical" in a way?

Just curious about people general but honest opinion now that it has been out for a while, and are there any other known issues with the camera that i have missed?

/Martin.

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +4 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon D850 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow