Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
merasouth
merasouth Forum Member • Posts: 77
Leica D Lux 7

Hi all,

A short review of the Leica d lux 7 ...

I got tired of logging my Sony A7Rii with 2-3 lenses around since I do a lot of trekking with a heavy backpack ...

I have the Leica d lux 109 for light travelling and I find it a nice little camera - beautiful made and with an excellent image quality but you need to shoot raw and accept it’s limitations because of the only 12 megapixels ...

When the Leica D Lux 7 was announced with a new sensor with 17 megapixels and no low pass filter and the same beautiful analogue body as the 109 I saw my chance to get rid of the heavy Sony and buy the Leica ...

And what a camera it is ...

The manual controls and the faster focus because of the new processor makes it a breeze to shoot with ...

The raw files are extremely robust and I can easily pull out details from highlight and shadows so I end up with images which can nearly match my 42 megapixels Sony and that’s quite an achievement for such a small compact camera ...

-- hide signature --

merasouth

merasouth's gear list:merasouth's gear list
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Leica D-Lux 7 Sony a6300 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (Sony)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow