Considering upgrading to FZ-300, help me decide.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
awhispersecho Junior Member • Posts: 28
Considering upgrading to FZ-300, help me decide.

Hey all. Been a long time. Anyway, I currently have an FZ-150 combined with a GX-7 as my 2 cameras. I have been looking at upgrading both, the GX85 to replace the GX-7, and the FZ-300 to replace the FZ-150. So, I am in need of a camera does good indoor video with a mic port which is where the FZ-300 comes in.

I understand it is still a small sensor camera and all that but how good is the 4k video that comes out of it compared to say a G85 or even the above mentioned GX-85? Is it high-end smartphone quality, is it better than that? Is it good enough to use on a YouTube channel which will be showcasing other products or will it be of significantly lesser quality. As I stated, it will be used indoors, stabilized, and with good lighting. I will be using an external mic as well.

For price reasons, I really like the idea of updating the 2 cameras I have with the new ones mentioned as the prices have dropped on both. However, I have my concerns about the FZ-300 being good enough specifically related to video and the GX85 while good enough for me regarding picture quality, will not work for my video needs as it doesn't have an external mic jack. If the FZ-300 is not good enough at video, I may be moving on from Panasonic all together and looking at maybe a Sony a6400 or something along those lines. (I have watched almost every FZ-300 video on YouTube and they all show video examples filmed outdoors and not indoors) So, I'm aware of what I will be getting on the photo and zoom side of things, but how is the FZ-300 for video? Thanks for any and all that can chime in.

Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow