Anybody have an M9 and an M8

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,003
Anybody have an M9 and an M8

Right now I have an original Fuji X100 and an M9 with three Zeiss lenses; C-Biogon 2.8/35 ZM, C-Biogon 2.8/25 ZM, and a Planar 2.0/50 ZM. The M9 was bought about four months ago and since having it, I've used the X100 just one time. So, I began thinking that maybe a better backup and companion to the M9 would be a Fuji X-Pro1. My logic was that the X-Pro1 would share the Zeiss lenses and perhaps I would add a Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 to take advantage of the X-Pro-1's autofocus capabilities.

However, somewhere along the line, I began lusting for an M8. I keep coming across YouTube videos and user facebook posts telling me how wonderful the M8 is. But a used M8 in excellent condition costs three to four times as much as an X-Pro-1 in similar condition. So my simple question is there any reason to have an M8 if you have a perfectly good M9?

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
instagram.com@billschaffel
“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.”
– Henri Cartier-Bresson -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica M9 Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/25 ZM Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Leica M8 Leica M9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow