So it happened SD card fail

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adam23a Regular Member • Posts: 100
So it happened SD card fail

I decided to empty my SD card onto my PC into lightroom and i get the dreaded you need to format your disk error.

tried a different pc just to make sure and i get the same error! Really strange since my camera recorded to it fine so i put the SD card back into my camera and now it can not read it wants to format it.

The bad thing is i use a a7 III that has dual card slots but was only using 1 of them because i am a tightwad!

So now i am using data recovery software to see if anything can be gotten back. Only 4 hours to go before it's done!

Only good thing is the pics where nothing special but i still did not want to loose them.

Needless to say i will be buying two SD cards now. The card that failed is a  sandisk extreme pro that is 3 years old.

Any suggestions on new cards?

Not a fan of WD as they now own sandisk i have had a hand full of WD hard drive fails and 0 seagate.

Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow