Fujifilm X100V / X200 Wish List

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lazyphotographer New Member • Posts: 11
Fujifilm X100V / X200 Wish List

Hope you’re reading this Fujifilm! If anyone stumbles upon this forum, please add as many comments as you can. Let’s see if we can get Fujifilm to listen.

I have been a Fujifilm user now for 6 years and have been on the mirrorless bandwagon for close to 10 years starting with the Panasonic GF1. Probably like many of you I am an enthusiast and tech head which can lead to wasting some hard earned cash on bouncing around with gear looking for the unattainable holy grail of a camera system that works just right for our uses. I have used Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, and Fujifilm mirrorless cameras. I have yet to try Canon or Nikon’s foray into the mirrorless world. Nothing has swayed me to switch as Fujifilm has continued to keep me coming back and for the most part being very faithful.

It all began with the Fujifilm X100. Its all I really want in a camera. Equipment that keeps it simple with the fixed focal length and physical dials. Compact and classically designed. It produces images that are stunning. The camera for everyday, candids, travel, environmental portraits, parties and more. Sure as a tech head I want it all but right now physics is holding up the line and software and engineering is working its way to make up the ground that physics seems to prevent. Until that day I keep coming back to the X100 line. This coming from someone that has tried a lot of mirrorless gear even an extensive amount from the Fujifilm line (X100S, XT1, XT2, X100F, XE3, XT3) primarily sticking to prime lenses. I went from the X100S to the T to the F and I will once again return to the X100 series when Fujifilm releases their fifth iteration possibly named the X100V however I have a list of wishful updates that I personally want to see in the next generation. Maybe you can add yours and tell me what you think of mine.

Firstly, the major points updated on the XT3 will certainly carry over. New sensor, new processor, much improved auto focus and tracking, face and eye auto focus and tracking and 4K with at least 30fps. Those aside, here is the list of wants on the upcoming Fujifilm X100V.

Fujifilm X100V

1. Weather Sealing
  2. IBIS
  3. Higher Definition EVF (OLED)
  4. Dedicated ISO
  5. Thumb Grip
  6. Improved 23f2
  7. Bluetooth
  8. Longer Battery Life (Same Battery)
  9. Tilting Touch Screen
  10. USB-C
  11. Dual SD Slots
  12. 3.5mm Headphone
  13. High Quality Crop 50mm and 75mm
  14. GPS
  15. Improved Shutter Button
  16. Remove Optical Viewfinder (Reduce size similar to X-E3. It is close to never where I use the OVF however for me I consider it a nice backup if something would ever go wrong with the EVF.

What are your thoughts What would make you upgrade or buy the upcoming Fujifilm X100V / X200?

Im currently shooting on a Fujifilm X-T3 with the 23/f2 only lens I use (all weather sealed). If you are interested I have photos up on Instagram. User name: thedharmalife Most of the photos are using a Fujifilm camera and nearly all are using a 35mm FF equivalent lens.

Look forward to reading your comments and seeing what Fujifilm does with our feedback!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow